Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Iowa!

Ha ha, I should stop making promises of updating more often! But here is a long awaited update.
We made it to Iowa! It was quite the adventure from loading the truck over the course of two days (and Ross falling and twisting his ankle) to actually trying to drive through three states with two toddlers, a moving truck, and a tow dolly, to finally arriving, finding our property manager getting keys to a condo we had never seen, and unloading the truck. Quite frankly, I don't recommend any of it, but it was an adventure!

Everything has turned out great though. We love our new house (ground-floor condo actually). It was only recently built and we are the first people to live in it. The only drawback is that the landscaping is not done yet, but the boys certainly don't mind! Seriously, who needs a sandbox when you've got huge piles of dirt to climb and dig in!



We have also enjoyed living close to Becky, Ryan, and Ellie. Lucky for Becky and I, Superman and Ellie (I feel like she should have a superhero name too) get along great and have become good little friends. We have had lots of fun with them at the Children's Science Center and exploring the new parks!






We have also been getting lots of rain, so much that things never seem to dry out. So one of favorite activities of late is puddle jumping and mud play!! Batman especially loves the mud! Superman thinks it fun, but doesn't like getting messy... so it doesn't work out so well for him.




Yeah... these muddy toes were just too cute not to share. Ta-ta for now!

P.S. We have some cute video clips of these guys too, but I haven't pulled them off my phone yet so you'll have to come back and check those out later ;)

No comments: