We are back! We ditched the other blog (cheeseandwhiskers.com) and came back to the true and faithful blog we started just after getting married. Don't ask why, there's really no reason.
What's really important here is that I'm planning on blogging and sharing what's up with us more often. Yeah, it's been almost a year since our last update (even on that other blog) and well that's just not really acceptable. Our kiddos are growing and changing so fast, we've got to start documenting it better. Not to mention that Ross and I do new and exciting things occasionally too. :)
For example... We're moving to Iowa next month. This is move number 7 in 5 1/2 years. Yep. Aand if you get my completely nerdy Borg designation reference in the post title, you are Awesome! Yeah, I know that the numbers really come from how many borg are in their unit and such, a more appropriate designation might be 2 of 4 or something, but that doesn't really matter since it's all fictional anyway.
Anywho! I digress... a lot... back to relevant information...
Ross is still working for Webfilings.com and we are transferring out to their corporate headquarters in Ames, IA. This is a good move for everyone involved. Good for Ross's career and good for our family (Iowa is a good and much less expensive place to raise a couple of boys!) Plus, I'll finally be able to go back to Nauvoo (haven't been back since my mission)!! We'll only be a few hours away! And I love the mid-west! And I'll be only 30 minutes or so from my BFF, Becky (those of you who don't know, should know that I am Becky's oldest and bestest friend and she mine. We go way back to those nasty middle school years!)
We've already found a place to live in Ankeny (halfway-ish between Des Moines and Ames) and we are starting the dreaded packing. We are even going to have our first ever Hendrickson family yard sale in a couple of weeks! I'm actually kinda dreading it. It seems like it will be a lot of work, but Ross assures me that it will be easy (uh-huh, right...) and worth it (ok, I agree with that part).
In other news, Superman is 3 years old now and growing into an eager to learn preschooler. Batman is 18 months old and starting nursery this week (woot!). Here are some pics of the little dears:
Lining up the trucks (and actually getting along)!
Just hangin' out.
My new favorite superhero - Diaper Man!
And Mr. Bug Eyes!




2 comments:
Your boys are so cute! I'm excited for yyour move; it seems like it will be a good change. Keep us posted, honey! xo
Can't wait!
Post a Comment