Saturday, December 18, 2010

When I grow up I want to be...

Have you ever noticed how many wonderful and facinating things there are in this world. There is just to much to do, to learn, and to experience.

I wish I could be one of those people who become passionate about just one thing and do it with finesse and confidence, really mastering the one thing they love. Not me.

In the saying, "Jack of all trades, Master of none," I'm Jack. I love to many things: writing, baking & cooking (yes, those are two different things), nature, nutrition, crafting & sewing, home decorating, running, biking, theater & performing, singing & music.

Ah! There's the rub! Music and singing is the one thing I am passionate about above all others. Truely! My heart is filled with joy when my life is filled with both performing and enjoying music. But it seems that such a pursuit is the one course filled with the most obstacles.

Perhaps I fill my life with so many others interests just trying to fill the emptiness of being unable to pursue my true passion.

I know, "Where there's a will, there's a way." But sometimes the sacrifices are too great. Somethings carry greater eternal value than even my personal passions.

But, I have hope... someday i will fill my life with music to my heart's content... I will even remedy my biggest lfe regret (never learning to play the piano)... someday I will no longer be Jack... someday I will call myself a musician...

1 comment:

Christin said...

I can't wait until you do, you are really talented!