Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Falling Behind

Do you ever feel like you have so much to do and you can't possibly keep up. Me too! That is one reason I have started this blog. There are so many people I want to keep in touch with, talk to often, share pictures and news. But I can't keep up with it all, so hopefully you will all consider this blog as your personal invitation to know what is going on in the life of Ross and Megan. Who knows maybe you have a blog to share with me or maybe you will be inspired and start one (hint, hint).

So here is a bit of an update for those of you I haven't talked to in while. Ross and I have been married now for almost a year. Everyone tells us the first year is the hardest and our only reaction is, "Yes, we've got it made! If that was the hardest part, the rest of our life is going to be awesome!"

Ross is at BYU majoring in Computational Linguistics (what's that? Take computers and language/speech, put them together and you get endless possibilities). Ross is currently participating in a BYU Research Group that is studying Speech Recognition and the testing of foreign language skills by having people talk to a computer and creating programs that analyze how well they know the language. In addition to research, he is an editor/ web developer for The Leading Edge, a BYU student sci-fi journal that is published once a semester and even has real subscribers. Aside from his school activities Ross works at the MTC in Software Development creating new and improved software for missionaries to use while learning a new language.

I am going to school online at Western Governor's University working on a degree in Biological Science Education. When I finally finish I will be certified to teach all the biological sciences to all kids 5th Grade - High School. It is a rather all encompassing degree and requires alot of time and work. I also work at East Shore High School in Orem. It is not a traditional high school, and seems to attract many troubled teens - it is great! I am the Curriculum Developer which means that I make sure the students are being taught what they are suppose to be. I do a lot of staring at computer screens, running in circles, and I often feel like beating my head against the wall. But then there are times when I get to tutor students, or make a change that really improves the way we teach, or add to the resources for student learning and those times are pretty rewarding!

That is pretty much the life of Ross and Megan! And what a great life it is! I will keep this blog up to date with new pictures and fun stuff, so check back often.

6 comments:

Annette said...

Hey Pretty Girl! I am so excited about your blog! I don't know if you visit mine already or not but it is www.ryanbrownfamily.blogspot.com. You guys look like your doing great!

Anonymous said...

Sister Curtis!! Yay, you make me happy. I just started a blog too, so I'm going to put the link here:

http://lifebymerry.blogspot.com/

Please visit. And I'm so glad to hear about your life right now. It's good to feel like things are going your way! I love ya!

Becky said...

Welcome to the blogging world!!! I have to say, Ryan and I have had the same thoughts on the first year of marriage. It is awesome! I just keeping waiting for some unknown thing to creep up on us and change all that, but I think our personalities work so well together that we don't really have problems.

Iliana said...

Nice move Megan. Now maybe the family will stop giving you a hard time always about not keeping in touch. Good to hear what youre up to!

Syl said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I enjoyed hearing about your life this year! Thanks for the invitation.
Love,
sylvia Barlow

Launi said...

hey megan! this is launi from ld's. it was fun to come across your blog. i had to comment on this post because my husband totally used to be an editor for leading edge before he graduated! how funny! i wonder if our husbands know each other....

our blog is leavittfam.blogspot.com if you want to check it out sometime. good to see your beautiful face! :)